WELCOME

WELCOME! Thanks for coming by. I enjoy your comments. Come back soon...


Sunday, August 17, 2008

It is time to make a plan for '08 - '09
























We are having an amazing number of beautiful butterflies here in western North Carolina this summer. They are all over our butterfly bush and they are loving a blooming mimosa tree in the woods below our house. I've been outdoors photographing them. This is a Pipevine Swallowtail on a Joe Pye Weed bloom. Yes, I wanted the color to be super saturated. Isn't it gorgeous?

I've been trying to decide what quilting assignment I would like to give myself for the next twelve months, and I think I have decided to make ONE small quilt per month for '08 - '09. However, I want each of these quilts to be larger than the approximately 9 x 12 inch quilts that I made during the last twelve months. I might try 16 x 20 inches.
The second part of my self assignment will be to have fun with at least four surface design techniques every month and to try to be organized enough to keep notes on the results.
Will I be successful in fulfilling my own expectations this coming year? Time will tell !
I'm already behind on my self-assigned quilt for this month. I've had an idea and done some thinking and planning, but so far I haven't put anything together, and it is August 17. Yikes.
Perhaps I am watching too many butterflies. But, now, really-----how could it be possible to see too much beauty---no matter how many deadlines it causes you to miss???

No comments: