WELCOME

WELCOME! Thanks for coming by. I enjoy your comments. Come back soon...


Saturday, April 2, 2011

Flag Book

One of my earliest creative interests was photography, and my Dad helped me learn to develop and contact print my own black and white pictures when I was still  in elementary school.  I have continued to love photography throughout my life, and my husband and I spent some happy years in the Washington, DC area exhibiting and competing as members of the award winning  Latent Image Workshop, the best camera group in the area.  I missed the group, and my wonderful darkroom, when we retired and moved out of the DC area, but digital photography, Adobe Photoshop, and computers soon provided me with the best fun of all!  I love to play with my photos on the computer, and here's a picture of some plums that I took----love those colors!  It is a good picture on its own, but it is also fun to see what other things I can make of it using my digital art tools and  skills.   This is one of the results.
I've been interested for awhile now in playing with folded books, so I used this image to try a 'flag book'.   Here it is:  Flattened out, it shows the whole picture, which is divided onto 6 'flags' which are glued to the accordian folded body of the 'book'.




 I'm making another flag book with the un-manipulated photo--not finished yet. 

No comments: