WELCOME

WELCOME! Thanks for coming by. I enjoy your comments. Come back soon...


Friday, January 7, 2011

2010 Review part 1

My mother had a saying:  "Better Late Than Never."
In that spirit, since I neglected my blog during 2010, I am going to go back and Show 'n Tell some of the things I was doing in 2010.
In the January-February issue of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, there's an article on page 18 about using Citra-Solv ( a 'green' cleaner) to melt the ink on magazine pages to make great collage papers, painting surfaces, or you-name-its.  Older National Geographics are the magazine of choice, but other magazines also seem to work with varying degrees of success.  The manufacturers of Citra Solv have made a section on their website about the art and craft uses for their product.  It is here.  You can also transfer images using CitraSolv, although I have not tried this.
Here are photos of a few of my National Geo pages.  I tend to make digital photos of things like this and print them onto my fabric from the computer--sometimes after further manipulating the image in Photoshop.  I lined up the torn edges of several pages for the last two photos.  I made many more pages than these.  In the next post, above, I'm using one, printed on fabric, as background for a journal quilt I am putting together.





No comments: