WELCOME

WELCOME! Thanks for coming by. I enjoy your comments. Come back soon...


Monday, May 5, 2008

I stencilled the hummingbird's silhouette on the glue side of fusible web and transferred it to the fabric with a hot iron. The flowers are done the same way and the leaves are fused fabric. I used free motion machine quilting to echo the bird's dancing, darting flight.
'Our' family of hummingbirds always arrives around April 20, and this year was no different. We always try to have their feeders filled and waiting for them. I'm pretty sure it is the same family group every year. I base my faith that they do return to their own specific yard on the following: My mother always hung her hummingbird feeder in a specific location. After she died, my brother lived in her house, but didn't put up any feeder. For several years, in early Spring, he saw hummingbirds arrive and repeatedly search the exact spot where my mother had hung her feeder----a spot that was now completely vacant of anything that could have attracted them.
I am amazed when I contemplate how precisely they must navigate. Welcome back, little guys!

1 comment:

natsagainatlast said...

Well, you know I like the color blue, and the yellows and greens of the flowers really give this a feeling of springtime.