WELCOME

WELCOME! Thanks for coming by. I enjoy your comments. Come back soon...


Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Ketchup Sisters















It is confession time.
In August '07 I pledged to myself that I would produce four journal quilts a month, and I have kept this going pretty well, but in December, I fell behind! In my defense, I did make two little quilts that month that I gave away, but Ive decided that they don't really count, so I ended up owing myself four quilts! The Quilt Police will probably pull up to my door any moment now, so I have resolved to make up the deficit and redeem myself in my own eyes. (What would a therapist say about that?).
Since I have been wanting to play with making some human faces, I decided I'd make four portraits of women, and I'd call them the Four Ketchup Sisters! (Ketchup==catch up---get it? Yeah, I know that's pretty bad---sorry!) I've seen lots of neat looking primitive fabric faces, so that's what I decided to try first. My initial result is PATHETIC. (at left) First I thought that some embellishment might help but after looking at it some more, I think I may just consign it to the scap bag. I guess that whimsical-and-primitive just isn't working for me this week!
Then I thought maybe I would try a more realistic, photographic face, and that turned into attempt number two (at right). I do like her better, so I'll probably finish her and maybe I will try interpreting some more 'real faces' into fabric.
Stay tuned for more Ketchup Sisters.
Still having FUN!
AJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faces are hard - keep at it - I really like the second one!

Sandra said...

The first one is precious and the second one is stunning. Thanks for sharing your blog with me.