WELCOME

WELCOME! Thanks for coming by. I enjoy your comments. Come back soon...


Tuesday, December 28, 2010

NEW YEAR -- NEW RESOLVE

Happy Holidays!  I think that was Christmas that just zipped past, wasn't it?  Actually, it was one of our best family Christmases ever.  Here in Western North Carolina, it came with a BIG snow, which was cozy and picturesque until yesterday, when our two sons had to get off our icy hill and onto the Interstate to return to their homes in Maryland. It doesn't matter that they are middle aged and very good drivers...I don't ever quite exhale until they get there safely.  Once a Mom, always a Mom, I guess. ( P..S., they made it home just fine.)
And now the New Year is only four days away.  Wow, 2011.  A clean new slate to make marks on.  And speaking of making marks----ever since I heard about The Sketchbook  Challenge (clickable link to right), I am all fired up to have some sketchbook fun in the coming months .  Some of the challenge participants are longtime fiber art IDOLS and icons of mine and I am sure that the ones I don't recognize will be idols, too, as soon as I get to 'know' them.  I just can't wait to peek into all of their sketchbooks. I am planning to follow the project and use the energy and inspiration to work on my own creativity in my own sketchbook. And can you believe it?  they are even having a place on Flickr for us 'followers' to show our pages and put our names into drawings for gifts!  Could it sound any more attractive?  
I'm going to stay tuned and see where 2011 will take me.
 

No comments: