WELCOME

WELCOME! Thanks for coming by. I enjoy your comments. Come back soon...


Monday, January 28, 2008

Making a quilt every week.

Inspired by Jeanne Williamson's wonderful book, 'The Uncommon Quilter', about making one small quilt every week for seven years, I resolved to try it for myself. I don't anticipate keeping it up for seven years, but who knows?
I decided that my 'rules' would be simple and few. My first rule would be to ignore all of the conventional quilting 'rules'. Each design would be mine alone--no patterns!-- and as the weeks passed, I would try to explore as many different surface design techniques as possible.
It seems obvious that not all of these quilts would be 'successful'--iactually, maybe very few would be---- but I have found that I learn something each time, and sometimes I learn the most from the ones that turn out worst. I intend to put every quilt on this blog.

No comments: